Of course I plan to read more Top 100 books. I'm aiming to read up to and including Theodore Dreiser's Sister Carrie, which is the 33rd book on The List. However, I'm very close to the A Dance to the Music of Time series, which is twelve books long. If I end up liking that series enough to read more than just the first book, I'm not really sure yet how I'll go about organizing my reading time around it. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, though.
I'm also rather ambitiously attempting to read a large number of borrowed books. When my sister moved out, her substantial collection of books didn't move with her, although they should be following her to her new home in the not too distant future. Because of this, I decided I needed to get going on reading the books on her shelf that I'm interested in. I also borrowed two books from a friend whose CanLit collection is more extensive than mine. These borrowed books make a long list, but I'm planning to incorporate as many of them as I can into the Random category.
And finally, I have a few books of my own. Since I succeeded with last year's plan, there aren't many. I'm not someone who likes to own a lot of unread books.
Here are some pictures (terrible ones, as usual) and a long list, in alphabetical order, of those borrowed and owned books.
|Books on the shelf|
|Books that don't fit on the shelf yet|
- The Year of the Flood by Margaret Atwood (my sister's book; second in the MaddAddam trilogy)
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (my sister's book; I can't believe I haven't read it yet either)
- Roadwork by Richard Bachman (my book)
- The Shining Girls by Lauren Beukes (my sister's book)
- Nexus: Ascension by Robert Boyczuk (my sister's book)
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett (my sister's book; this will actually be a reread and I'm very excited)
- Wild Rose by Sharon Butala (my book)
- Possession by A. S. Byatt (my book; by one of the Board Members)
- The Revolutions by Felix Gilman (my sister's book)
- Hild by Nicola Griffith (my sister's book)
- The Lions of Al-Rassan by Guy Gavriel Kay (my sister's book; I think her Kay collection is almost complete at this point)
- A Song for Arbonne by Guy Gavriel Kay (my sister's book; see previous)
- Green Grass, Running Water by Thomas King (my friend's book)
- Napier's Bones by Derryl Murphy (my sister's book)
- His Majesty's Dragon by Naomi Novik (my book; first in the Temeraire series)
- Wise Blood by Flannery O'Connor (my book)
- Protector of the Small by Tamora Pierce (my sister's book; actually four books, and I'll decide what I think about continuing after the first.. I hope I'm not too old for Tamora Pierce)
- The Hangman's Daughter by Oliver Pötzsch (my sister's book; first in an ongoing series)
- Fairy Tales from the Brothers Grimm edited by Philip Pullman (my sister's book)
- The System of the World by Neal Stephenson (my sister's book; third and final book of The Baroque Cycle)
- The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart (my sister's book; first in a trilogy)
- Roadside Picnic by Arkady and Boris Strugatsky (my book)
- Annihilation by Jeff VanderMeer (my sister's book; first in the Southern Reach trilogy)
- Indian Horse by Richard Wagamese (my friend's book)
- Elven Star by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman (my sister's book; second in the Death Gate Cycle series)
- Malice by Chris Wooding (my sister's book)
Post a Comment