It occurs to me that I should have numbered the first post this year "2.0", but whatever. Also I'm going to be titling my posts with hyphens, but ain't nobody got time for hyphens, so you won't see them in the actual bodies of my posts. Deal with it!
Here are my responses to the opening meme.
- What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
- Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
I started with it! James Dashner's The Scorch Trials. With any luck I'll be through it in the early afternoon?!
- Which snack are you most looking forward to?
I did a lousy job of getting snacks together, but my sister just bought groceries and we have strawberries and cheese in the fridge, so probably those!
- Tell us a little something about yourself!
To quickly rehash my blog gimmick for any new readers: I'm an engineer who loves to read. I live with my sister and we have two cats who will probably show up at least once today. When I'm not reading, I'm usually watching tv, crocheting, making a costume of some kind, or working on my house.
- If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
I didn't do the last readathon, but I did one a year and a half ago. Today I basically just have a lot more free time. I'm also going to try to be a bit more active on Twitter and with some of the other readathon activities.