- Which hour was most daunting for you?
Probably the one that I spent at the theatre watching Gravity. Oops!
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
Not really. Song of Susannah isn't off to an extremely exciting start.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Make sure my family doesn't schedule a Thanksgiving event that lasts the entire day oh my God. Also change my work schedule so I'm not constantly exhausted.
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
Sadly I was barely able to participate, so no feedback on this one, either.
- How many books did you read?
Just one complete one. I got through a total of about 160 pages (hard to say exactly since I did read a bit of To Be or Not To Be and was skipping all over the place.) Pretty pathetic considering the amount of reading I usually do over my Christmas holidays.
- What were the names of the books you read?
Zombie Spaceship Wasteland is the one book I finished reading. I also read most of one of the "sketches" in Sunshine Sketches of a Little Town, and a tiny bit of To Be or Not To Be, and the first "stanza" of Song of Susannah, which is the book I'll probably stick with for the rest of the weekend. (I'm still not finished reading Quicksilver, which I started in August, because I keep taking breaks between the different "books" in that novel.) Lots of quotation marks here, sorry.
- Which book did you enjoy most?
To Be or Not To Be is off to a great start.
- Which did you enjoy least?
I was reading Sunshine Sketches to my sister while she drove us out of town, and unfortunately since it was the beginning of the story, there were all kinds of establishing details, and then I couldn't finish reading because I didn't have anything to drink to hydrate my vocal cords, or however that works. Awful.
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I'd definitely like to read for it again, without having to spend approximately ten hours in the middle of the day doing everything other than reading.
Read-a-Thon Post #3: After the Fact
In case you couldn't tell based on my complete lack of posting throughout the day, the Read-a-Thon was basically a bust for me. Maybe I'll do better in April!