And speaking of which, Merry Christmas!
The stack of books I'm choosing from this year is a lot less ambitious than what I've shown in previous years, mainly because I decided to stick with books I already had on my shelf, instead of going crazy at the library. I also wanted to focus on "fun" rather than anything I might have to write reviews for, so there are a whole bunch of sequels and nothing terribly serious.
From top to bottom:
- Jolis deuils by Roch Carrier - A short short story collection in French that I had originally planned to pick away at throughout the year, but found myself with most of the stories left when I started my Christmas holiday on Friday afternoon. I am determined to finish this by the end of 2018, and I only need to read three very short stories per day to do so. This was a gift from my sister last Christmas.
- Throne of Jade by Naomi Novik - The second book in the Temeraire series, which I started reading last night. I'm really enjoying it already at the 25%-ish mark. More on this later, I'm sure.
- Elven Star by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman - This is the second book in the Death Gate Cycle series, which I started at my sister's urging a few years ago. This book actually belongs to her, and I'm thinking of trying to read it so that I can send it home with her after her visit early next month. If this book doesn't grab me, I may leave off with the series at this point.
- Jo's Boys by Louisa May Alcott - I just finished my reread of Little Men, picked up for the sake of reading something jolly before the Christmas season. It was a little too sweet in parts, but I still have an appetite for the third and final book in Alcott's Little Women trilogy.
- HMS Surprise by Patrick O'Brian - After reading Post Captain earlier this year and really, really loving it, I resolved not to wait so long to read the third book in the Aubrey/Maturin series, and therefore added this physical copy of it onto my shelf.
- Protector of the Small by Tamora Pierce - I keep waffling on this. I've never read any Tamora Pierce before and can't decide if this is actually where I want to start. I may also send this back with my sister and start with The Song of the Lioness instead.
Pages Read:Day 1: 46
Day 2: 126
Day 2 Target: 200
Post a Comment